Dashcam video of the moments before South Carolina Officer Michael Slager fatally shot Walter Scott in the back show Slager had Scott's driver's license and car but decided to chase him anyway.
- This "right to be forgotten" nonsense is spreading: A Japanese court has ordered Google to remove negative business reviews for a medical clinic from both local and global search results.
- There may be few Americans who self-label as libertarian but many Americans have libertarian views, notes data-journalism darling Nate Silver.
- Racism in public schools is a big reason more black Americans are homeschooling.
- Hillary Clinton has announced that she will announce her presidential candidacy on Sunday. Unrelatedly, Hillary may have once clocked Bill Clinton in the head with a book.
- Issues with Venezuela are likely to overshadow any goodwill the U.S. is generating in Latin America by getting back with Cuba.
- Does Rand Paul run the risk "of fulfilling that 'Republican who likes pot' stereotype"?