Dashcam video of the moments before South Carolina Officer Michael Slager fatally shot Walter Scott in the back show Slager had Scott's driver's license and car but decided to chase him anyway.
- This "right to be forgotten" nonsense is spreading: A Japanese court has ordered Google to remove negative business reviews for a medical clinic from both local and global search results.
- There may be few Americans who self-label as libertarian but many Americans have libertarian views, notes data-journalism darling Nate Silver.
- Racism in public schools is a big reason more black Americans are homeschooling.
- Hillary Clinton has announced that she will announce her presidential candidacy on Sunday. Unrelatedly, Hillary may have once clocked Bill Clinton in the head with a book.
- Issues with Venezuela are likely to overshadow any goodwill the U.S. is generating in Latin America by getting back with Cuba.
- Does Rand Paul run the risk "of fulfilling that 'Republican who likes pot' stereotype"?
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by:
Charges against Kraft were (rightfully) dismissed. The women he patronized now have criminal records.
The current administration’s trade policies have left the incoming president some low-hanging fruit.
Trump's 46-Minute Rant About Election Fraud Crystallizes the Most Dangerous Aspects of His Personality
"This is about restoring faith and confidence in American elections," the president says.
Everyone has a right to dissent from the epidemiologists' contentment with the way things are now.