The Republican-controlled House passed a Republican budget bill that's seen as a victory for House Speaker John Boehner (R). It includes an increase in the "war fund," the only portion of defense spending not capped by sequestration, which the bill does not repeal. The Republican-controlled Senate is still working on a bill, with a budgetary reconciliation process that could encompass issues like the tax code or Obamacare to follow.
- Saudi Arabia and its Sunni allies in the Gulf began air strikes against Shi'ite rebel targets in Yemen. Saudi Arabia blames Iran for the unrest to its south.
- One of the pilots of the Germanwings flight that slammed into the French Alps was locked out of the cockpit in the minutes before the crash, with the other pilot not responding nor communicating with traffic control. Neither pilot's identity has been released by Lufthansa, the parent company of the airline. A prosecutor in France says te co-pilot sought to "destroy the plane."
- Gov. Dannel Malloy (D-CT) promised not to raise taxes to get re-elected but now that he has been that's just what Connecticut Democrats plan to do.
- A Russian railroad tycoon is proposing a 13,000 mile superhighway from London to New York City, mostly connecting roads and byways in Russia, plus 55 miles of new road across the Bering Sea connecting Russia to Nome in Alaska and then a new highway to connect Nome to Fairbanks.
- NASA plans to pull a boulder off an asteroid and place it in orbit of the Moon by 2019.
- A new species of frog was discovered in Ecuador that can change the texture of its skin.
The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'
Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back.
The new framework aims to keep everyone learning at the same level for as long as possible.
Hernan Palma is suing after he says he was punched in the face and his family restrained by cops during a botched no-knock drug raid.
Biden Claims 5 Past Fed Chairs Back His Jobs Plan, but 2 Are Dead and 2 More Have Been Quiet About It
Plus: Boomer electoral power dwindling, U.S. migration patterns appear linked to pandemic restrictions, and more...
The agency's disease advice is seen as increasingly irrelevant by more Americans.