- President Obama suggested yesterday that maybe what we need to "transform" American politics and "counteract" excessive campaign spending is to make voting mandatory.
- France is considering a ban on catwalk models who don't meet minimum weight standards.
- The darknet marketplace Evolution, Silk Road's successor, has vanished.
- Students at the University of Virginia are protesting the violent arrest of a black student by Alcoholic Beverage Control agents outside a bar on Wednesday.
- A bill in Massachusetts would legalize both hemp and marijuana.
- Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is trying to overturn several District of Columbia city laws.
- A Navy SEAL was killed Wednesday during a skydiving training exercise when his parachute failed to open.
- Uber cars now outnumber taxis in New York City.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: