For the first time since Gallup began tracking it more than two decades ago, neither major political party polls at above 40 percent favorability with Americans. Democrats fared slightly better than Republicans, with 39 percent favorability compared to 37 percent.
- A 20-year-old man has been charged with last week's shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri; he says the shots were intended for another protester he had a dispute with and not the police officers.
- "Take Ayn Rand, some tech billionaires and Rand Paul—and the result is a scary new movement" Salon article. Those Facebook kids have been reading too much Milton Friedman and now they're building a boat, I tell you, an eeeeeevil boat!
- "I absolutely believe in the theory of evolution—when it comes to gay marriage," President Obama joked at this weekend's Gridiron Club Dinner. Hillary Clinton's email habits were also a popular butt of jokes at the event.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjami Netanyahu is warning supporters that he may not win Tuesday's election.
- Anti-capitalism protesters in the U.K. accidentally occupied the wrong building.
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.
But the appeals court wasn't having it.
In 2018, the Republican said family separations were "tragic and heart-rending."
"I chose to be that guy who didn't issue the apology," says Daniel Elder. "Things went from there and it wasn't good."
A new survey of students' free speech attitudes has both encouraging and worrying findings.