For the first time since Gallup began tracking it more than two decades ago, neither major political party polls at above 40 percent favorability with Americans. Democrats fared slightly better than Republicans, with 39 percent favorability compared to 37 percent.
- A 20-year-old man has been charged with last week's shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri; he says the shots were intended for another protester he had a dispute with and not the police officers.
- "Take Ayn Rand, some tech billionaires and Rand Paul—and the result is a scary new movement" Salon article. Those Facebook kids have been reading too much Milton Friedman and now they're building a boat, I tell you, an eeeeeevil boat!
- "I absolutely believe in the theory of evolution—when it comes to gay marriage," President Obama joked at this weekend's Gridiron Club Dinner. Hillary Clinton's email habits were also a popular butt of jokes at the event.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjami Netanyahu is warning supporters that he may not win Tuesday's election.
- Anti-capitalism protesters in the U.K. accidentally occupied the wrong building.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.
Navy Confirms Authenticity of UFO Videos Published by Blink-182 Frontman's Extraterrestrial Research Organization
The videos show a U.S. military jet's encounter with what appears to be a fast-moving, unidentified object.