Both Dems and GOP Drop Below 40 Percent Favorability, Ferguson Police Shooter Arrested, Netanyahu May Lose: A.M. Links
For the first time since Gallup began tracking it more than two decades ago, neither major political party polls at above 40 percent favorability with Americans. Democrats fared slightly better than Republicans, with 39 percent favorability compared to 37 percent.
- A 20-year-old man has been charged with last week's shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri; he says the shots were intended for another protester he had a dispute with and not the police officers.
- "Take Ayn Rand, some tech billionaires and Rand Paul—and the result is a scary new movement" Salon article. Those Facebook kids have been reading too much Milton Friedman and now they're building a boat, I tell you, an eeeeeevil boat!
- "I absolutely believe in the theory of evolution—when it comes to gay marriage," President Obama joked at this weekend's Gridiron Club Dinner. Hillary Clinton's email habits were also a popular butt of jokes at the event.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjami Netanyahu is warning supporters that he may not win Tuesday's election.
- Anti-capitalism protesters in the U.K. accidentally occupied the wrong building.