President Obama says Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's address to Congress contained "nothing new" and no "viable alternatives" for dealing with Iran.
- The House of Representatives passed a clean bill funding the Department of Homeland Security for the remainder of the year.
- The Supreme Court of Alabama has ordered a stop to the issuance of same-sex marriage licenses in the state.
- The city of Philadelphia doled out $200 million in overtime to government employees, increasing the taxpayer-funded payroll by 13 percent. Police, and specifically the homicide unit, racked up the most overtime, even as the murder rate in the city is going down and more than a hundred homicides remain unsolved.
- General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, says Iran's support of the Iraqi offensive in Tikrit could be "a positive thing."
- Four foreigners in Indonesia have been transferred to their execution site—they were sentenced to death for trying to smuggle heroin from Indonesia into Australia.
- Researchers are investigating how life might form on Titan.