President Obama says Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's address to Congress contained "nothing new" and no "viable alternatives" for dealing with Iran.
- The House of Representatives passed a clean bill funding the Department of Homeland Security for the remainder of the year.
- The Supreme Court of Alabama has ordered a stop to the issuance of same-sex marriage licenses in the state.
- The city of Philadelphia doled out $200 million in overtime to government employees, increasing the taxpayer-funded payroll by 13 percent. Police, and specifically the homicide unit, racked up the most overtime, even as the murder rate in the city is going down and more than a hundred homicides remain unsolved.
- General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, says Iran's support of the Iraqi offensive in Tikrit could be "a positive thing."
- Four foreigners in Indonesia have been transferred to their execution site—they were sentenced to death for trying to smuggle heroin from Indonesia into Australia.
- Researchers are investigating how life might form on Titan.
Offbeat options for waiting out the apocalypse.
A new study in Lancet Infectious Diseases makes a somewhat lower estimate
Rules designed to keep alcohol safe for children are slowing down production of a product that’s in short supply.
Early and wide testing helps curtail the epidemic while casting light on the prevalence and lethality of the virus.
Students who would have graduated this spring can start practicing medicine immediately.