President Obama says Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's address to Congress contained "nothing new" and no "viable alternatives" for dealing with Iran.
- The House of Representatives passed a clean bill funding the Department of Homeland Security for the remainder of the year.
- The Supreme Court of Alabama has ordered a stop to the issuance of same-sex marriage licenses in the state.
- The city of Philadelphia doled out $200 million in overtime to government employees, increasing the taxpayer-funded payroll by 13 percent. Police, and specifically the homicide unit, racked up the most overtime, even as the murder rate in the city is going down and more than a hundred homicides remain unsolved.
- General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, says Iran's support of the Iraqi offensive in Tikrit could be "a positive thing."
- Four foreigners in Indonesia have been transferred to their execution site—they were sentenced to death for trying to smuggle heroin from Indonesia into Australia.
- Researchers are investigating how life might form on Titan.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.