Oregonians won't get to see scandal-dogged Governor John Kitzhaber go full gonzo and barricade himself in his office after all. Instead, he's resigning peacefully, though in disgrace, and handing power over to Secretary of State Kate Brown. Damn.
- Obama is under pressure to intervene in the labor dispute slowing work at West Coast ports. Seriously? What, is it 1950 again?
- Congressional Republicans want to reduce the federal government's role in education, the White House doesn't. Political tussle ensues and you should just get your kids out of the public schools.
- Connecticut's Sandy Hook Advisory Commission fine-tunes its proposals for forting-up schools, unenforceable gun bans, and a mental health security state.
- Political lefties have a not-so-new "secret" strategy: going after the Koch brothers.
- Fighting escalates in Ukraine before the weekend ceasefire throws a wet blanket over the festivities.
- "I'm not dead yet," insists the eurozone economy.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Ontario has lost millions trying to sell cannabis.