In an interview with NBC News that ran in part last night, President Obama urged parents to stop doubting the "indisputable" science and vaccinate their children.
- The U.S. is considering sending arms to Ukraine, for defensive purposes it says.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe promised "revenge" over the beheading of a Japanese journalist by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
- A court in Egypt has upheld the death sentence of 183 people convicted of an attack on a police station that killed one.
- The New England Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks to win their fourth Super Bowl, and their first in a decade.
- Punxsutawney Phil says six more weeks of winter. His guess is as good as any.
Two models suggest that broad restrictions had less impact on the epidemic than commonly thought.
Plus: Protest updates, COVID-19 upates, a surge in gun sales, and more...
Police violence is a metaphorical disease. Coronavirus is a literal disease.
A major study in The Lancet said it doesn't—but it may have relied on fabricated data.