In an interview with NBC News that ran in part last night, President Obama urged parents to stop doubting the "indisputable" science and vaccinate their children.
- The U.S. is considering sending arms to Ukraine, for defensive purposes it says.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe promised "revenge" over the beheading of a Japanese journalist by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
- A court in Egypt has upheld the death sentence of 183 people convicted of an attack on a police station that killed one.
- The New England Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks to win their fourth Super Bowl, and their first in a decade.
- Punxsutawney Phil says six more weeks of winter. His guess is as good as any.