President Obama credited politicians with inventing college—an ahistorical remark that nevertheless explains why college is so worthless.
- The death of Saudi King Abdullah has made Queen Elizabeth the world's oldest monarch.
- Tom Brady denied any wrongdoing in the Deflategate scandal as Twitter erupted into juvenile humor.
- ISIS video shows clock counting down to zero—at which time the terrorist group has vowed to execute two Japanese hostages.
- A 67-year-old woman claims the NYPD arrested her for informing on drug dealers in her apartment complex too frequently. The woman called the police, or a drug hotline, 40 times in 15 months. Eventually, police came to her apartment and arrested her.
- A speedrunner just set a new world record for beating Super Mario World. The play-through, which exploits a glitch, only takes 5 minutes and is nothing short of incredible.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.