The National Fraternal Order of Police wants the federal hate crime law expanded to include crimes against police officers.
- John Boehner (R-Ohio) is expected to keep his position as House Speaker, but it won't be without some dissatisfaction by some Republicans who have said publicly they will not be supporting him.
- But what about income inequality! France has quietly scrapped its crazy bonkers 75 percent income tax on the rich. It failed to raise as much revenue as they thought it would and drove rich people out of the country, because one of the great things about being rich is that you can go elsewhere.
- Same-sex marriages in Florida have begun today in Miami-Dade County.
- Police in San Francisco shot and killed a man who they say pulled a BB or pellet gun on them outside a police station. They did not know it was a replica gun.
- Two top United States skiers were killed in an avalanche in Austria.
- Two Americans have been charged with apparently attempting to launch a coup in Gambia.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.