Dustin Diamond, who is known for playing Screech on Saved By the Bell (and not much else), was arrested for stabbing a man at a bar in Wisconsin.
- The baby Jesus was stolen from a public display at Sacred Hearts Church in Haverhill, Massachusetts. The perpetrator replaced the statue with a real pig's head.
- Here is an awesome holiday conspiracy theory: Kevin McCallister of Home Alone grew up to be the Jigsaw Killer from the Saw movies. It makes sense!
- California Gov. Jerry Brown pardoned over 100 criminals on Christmas. Many of them were nonviolent drug offenders.
- Detroit's murder rate dropped in 2014, though justifiable homicides went up. Police Chief James Craig said that Detroit citizens are increasingly willing to defend themselves, and that fact may be contributing to falling crime.
- The University of Illinois's decision not to hire Steven Salaita after he sent a series of controversial tweets is being scrutinized.
- I'm off to see Into the Woods. The rest of you can read Scott Shackford's great article detailing its libertarian themes here.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.