Protests in Ferguson, Missouri continued for a second night over the grand jury decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting of Michael Brown.
- Police in Hong Kong arrested a top student protest leader and cleared a protest site as anti-government demonstrations continue for a second month.
- A federal judge overturned gay marriage bans in Arkansas and Mississippi.
- The European Union is opening an anti-piracy base in Mogadishu.
- Sony will issue partial refunds to resolve Federal Trade Commission charges over deceptive advertising for the PS Vita.
- The Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin held a press conference to criticize the NFL for fining Marshawn Lynch $100,000 for not speaking to the media.