The grand jury in Ferguson, Missouri, is announcing this evening its decision over whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged for the shooting death of Michael Brown, so prepare to toss out your snap judgments through various social media outlets.
- President Barack Obama today gave a speech announcing Chuck Hagel is officially out as Secretary of Defense. Check out the pained smile on Hagel's face.
- After that Obama handed out a bunch of Medals of Freedom to various political folks and celebrities like Meryl Streep and Stevie Wonder.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has declared that women are not equal to men and that motherhood is more important than doing the work of men.
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) will introduce a resolution to formally declare war on ISIS.
- The Federal Aviation Administration may announce some extremely restrictive requirements for use of commercial drones, including licensing.
Offbeat options for waiting out the apocalypse.
A new study in Lancet Infectious Diseases makes a somewhat lower estimate
Rules designed to keep alcohol safe for children are slowing down production of a product that’s in short supply.
Early and wide testing helps curtail the epidemic while casting light on the prevalence and lethality of the virus.
Students who would have graduated this spring can start practicing medicine immediately.