- Regular pot smokers exhibit some structural differences in the brain, including less gray matter in the orbital frontal cortex but better neural connections in this area.
- Meryl Streep, Stevie Wonder, Tom Brokaw, and outgoing Rep. John D. Dingell Jr. (D-Mich.) will be among this year's Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients, chosen for their "especially meritorious contributions" to U.S. society.
- A labyrinth of bureaucracy is no way to honor American veterans.
- George W. Bush: still not a great painter.
- Defining 'natural' foods: should the Food and Drug Administration weigh in?
- Medicare may soon cover yearly lung-cancer scans for some current and former smokers.
- Almost half of Americans will soon live in states under total Republican control; Democrats control just six states.
It took a jury 26 minutes to decide that Jonathan Vanderhagen wasn't guilty.
A court ruled that officers did not have enough information to know whether or not stealing violates the Constitution.
This vote is "a hopeful sign that the harmful policies of marijuana prohibition will soon be a relic of the past."
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.