Pot Smokers Have Better Brain Connections, Obama Chooses Medal of Freedom Recipients, Bush Unveils Latest Painting: A.M. Links
- Regular pot smokers exhibit some structural differences in the brain, including less gray matter in the orbital frontal cortex but better neural connections in this area.
- Meryl Streep, Stevie Wonder, Tom Brokaw, and outgoing Rep. John D. Dingell Jr. (D-Mich.) will be among this year's Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients, chosen for their "especially meritorious contributions" to U.S. society.
- A labyrinth of bureaucracy is no way to honor American veterans.
- George W. Bush: still not a great painter.
- Defining 'natural' foods: should the Food and Drug Administration weigh in?
- Medicare may soon cover yearly lung-cancer scans for some current and former smokers.
- Almost half of Americans will soon live in states under total Republican control; Democrats control just six states.