Kaci Hickox, the Maine nurse facing quarantine despite being symptom-free from Ebola, is vowing to fight back. "If the restrictions placed on me by the state of Maine are not lifted by Thursday morning," she told the Today Show, "I will go to court to fight for my freedom."
- A coalition of former police officers, prosecutors, and judges has endorsed marijuana legalization in Oregon. "Treating marijuana as a crime has failed," they are telling state voters.
- A spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has described Israel's closure of the Al Aqsa Mosque as a "declaration of war."
- The San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals to win the World Series.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: "I'm proud to be gay."
- "Hong Kong's pro-democracy protests have escalated into a national security issue threatening Chinese sovereignty over the Asian financial center, a delegate to China's rubber-stamp parliament said on Thursday."