Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the suspect in the Ottawa shootout that left a Canadian soldier dead (as well as himself), was a convert to Islam with ties to jihadists. Oh, great.
- Republicans with visions of a GOP-dominated Senate dancing in their heads may want to thank a cluster of retiring Democratic geezers for clearing the way.
- Senator Rand Paul is laying out his ideas for restrained foreign policy in a high-profile speech in New York. And not a moment too soon.
- Libertarian Senate candidate Robert Sarvis polls better among Virginia millennials than the Republican Party's Ed Gillespie. Worth thinking about, right, Ed?
- Air strikes by U.S.-led forces have killed 521 Islamist fighters in Syria. And 32 civilians. Whoops.
- A healthcare worker in New York City is being tested for Ebola. Just in case you missed recent opportunities to panic.
He Lost His Eye After a Cop Allegedly Fired a Tear Gas Canister at His Face. The Officer Says He Has Qualified Immunity.
If the officer succeeds, the victim will not be allowed to sue on those claims.
Plus: The gas crisis, it's time to free Reality Winner, and more...
Cops laugh about “probable cause on four legs” but the damage to innocent lives is real.
Building more and better energy infrastructure is the best guarantee against fuel and electricity disruptions.
The CDC Director Misrepresented the Study She Cited To Justify Her Misleading Estimate of Outdoor COVID-19 Risk
Rochelle Walensky's gloss is puzzling in light of the evidence presented in the systematic review on which she relied.