FBI Director James Covey has the sads over tech companies like Apple makng it harder for the National Security Agency to spy on people.
- The Danes are now fighting ISIS with us. All signs still a go for WWIII.
- Police across Colorado next week will undergo special training on not killing dogs.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown signed some non-terrible bills for a change, including one banning forced or coerced sterilizations of inmates in Cali prisons and another giving those behind bars easier access to DNA tests that could clear their names.
- Uber and Lyft have been given a preliminary okay in Austin, Texas, while San Francisco and Los Angeles are stepping up efforts to shut down the services, along with newcomer Sidecar.
- Pornhub is moving into the music industry. "We're looking for acts that aren't necessarily porn-focused," said the website's head.
- Several protesters were arrested after an attempt at reconciliation from Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson didn't go over so well.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.