Americans mark the 13th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks—in part, by preparing to poke the hornet's nest some more with a stick.
- Give that man a rifle! House Speaker John Boehner thinks Obama's ISIS war plan is a swell idea. "He is the commander in chief, he made that decision. At this point in time, it's important that we give the president what he's asking for."
- Syria's Assad regime welcomes the U.S. government and its airstrikes to the war against ISIS. Hey, wait a minute…
- California's economy is expected to suck at least through 2016, according to UCLA economists. That can't possibly have anything to do with the state's penchant for strangling itself with red tape.
- Jobless claims were up last week—and revised upwards for the week before. But it's all trending positively, dontcha know.
- Those crazy Scots seem to have started a trend. Now Catalans want a chance at splitting from Spain. A vote is scheduled for November 9, though the central government is already huffing and puffing over the possible rejection.
- Republicans feel sufficiently comfortable about the prospects of holding Senate seats already in elephant hands to devote most resources to nabbing those held by the donkey party.
- Body cameras for tracking police officers' doings have become a hot and technologically innovative market.
- Over 20 Free Staters won major party primaries to participate in New Hampshire's general election.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: