President Barack Obama plans to launch military action against ISIL in Iraq and Syria without first seeking congressional approval. He will tell us all about it tonight in a prime-time speech.
- 31 states held primary elections on Tuesday. In New York, embattled Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo defeated liberal challenger Zephyr Teachout. In Massachusetts, incumbent Rep. John Tierney fell to challenger Seth Moulton, making him the first Democrat to lose a congressional primary this year.
- According to a new CNN poll, a majority of Americans disapprove of Congress, describing the institution as the "worst Congress of their lifetime."
- "Public approval of ObamaCare continued to sink this summer, issuing the latest warning for vulnerable Democrats who will face voters this fall after backing the law."
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is facing heavy criticism for the league's handling of the Ray Rice domestic violence case.
- The campaign for Scottish independence is building momentum.