"We don't have a strategy yet" for dealing with ISIL, President Barack Obama has admitted.
- According to the latest Gallup poll, "The percentage of Americans who strongly disapprove of Obama has increased over time, while the percentage who strongly approve has dropped by almost half."
- As the fighting continues between pro-Russian rebels and Ukrainian forces, Vladimir Putin has taken to referring to eastern Ukraine as "new Russia."
- The United Nations reports that more than 3 million refugees have fled the fighting in Syria.
- U.S. colleges have begun screening some students for Ebola.
- Google is now experimenting with drones.