Attorney General Eric Holder will visit Ferguson, Missouri, on Wednesday, so that whole problem is just going to go away immediately, probably.
- A curious feud between New York City teachers union leadership and the police department is raising eybrows and tensions among the rank-and-file of both fields.
- The Washington Post's Michael Gerson writes that Rand Paul is the wrong Republican to talk about racial issues because… (cue things libertarians have heard a billion times).
- The runaway success of the ice-bucket challenge is inspiring other charities to ask people to dump cold water on themselves for the good of humanity.
- Pardon me, but we need more presidential pardons, writes The New York Times editorial board.
- J.K. Rowling issued another Harry Potter short story, again, as a tactic to drive traffic to the online Potter experience, Pottermore. Sounds like "Harry Potter and the Neverending Promotions," huh?
Yet the Libertarian presidential nominee is still not being polled in one-third of the country, including states that are historically friendly to third-party candidates.
Glenn Greenwald Resigns from The Intercept, Citing 'Pathologies, Illiberalism, Repressive Mentality' of Pro-Biden Newsroom
The progressive outlet's co-founder claims he was prevented from publishing an article because it was critical of Joe Biden.
Lawmakers are bribing citizens with a tiny tax break in exchange for the power to jack up income tax rates down the line.
Donald Rainwater, who is polling north of 10 percent, attracts voters who oppose Indiana's heavy-handed coronavirus lockdowns.
The Democratic nominee championed the law as a way to protect women. Instead, it hurt them.