Attorney General Eric Holder will visit Ferguson, Missouri, on Wednesday, so that whole problem is just going to go away immediately, probably.
- A curious feud between New York City teachers union leadership and the police department is raising eybrows and tensions among the rank-and-file of both fields.
- The Washington Post's Michael Gerson writes that Rand Paul is the wrong Republican to talk about racial issues because… (cue things libertarians have heard a billion times).
- The runaway success of the ice-bucket challenge is inspiring other charities to ask people to dump cold water on themselves for the good of humanity.
- Pardon me, but we need more presidential pardons, writes The New York Times editorial board.
- J.K. Rowling issued another Harry Potter short story, again, as a tactic to drive traffic to the online Potter experience, Pottermore. Sounds like "Harry Potter and the Neverending Promotions," huh?