Riots in Ferguson, Missouri, continued late Thursday morning.
- Amidst the mayhem, police arrested a St. Louis alderman reporting on the situation.
- Libertarian Republican Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan condemned the police response to the chaos. "Is this a war zone?" he asked on Twitter.
- President Obama and Hillary Clinton hugged it out—maybe—after Clinton slighted the president during a recent interview.
- Chicago Teachers Union Boss Karen Lewis has criticized Mayor Rahm Emanuel for being part of the one percent. But Lewis, who may run for mayor against Emanuel, isn't exactly poor, either.
- Justin Bieber doesn't have to go to jail, after all.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.