With a peek at events in Ferguson, journalists in the established press discover that modern cops have a lot of stuff that goes BOOM! and like to use it.
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) says the "scenes we continue to see in Ferguson resemble war more than traditional police action," while President Obama makes soothing noises.
- The siege of Mount Sinjar has been broken, says President Obama. Now we have the rest of the country to save.
- Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) wants to stop the free transfer of military equipment to police forces.
- Woodstock was 45 years ago this weekend. Get over it, Baby Boomers.
- The Internal Revenue Service was pretty free with taxpayer data, handing it to contractors without checking them out first, says Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.
- Europe's economy stalled in the last quarter. Again.
- Berlin bans Uber. That sort of thing can't have any effect on the lousy local economic situation, can it?
The former vice president's vision of an all-powerful government goes far beyond massive spending and tax hikes.
Lawmakers are bribing citizens with a tiny tax break in exchange for the power to jack up income tax rates down the line.
The Supreme Court weighs police shootings and unreasonable seizures in Torres v. Madrid.
The Hunter Biden story has exposed the media's selective skepticism.