During a press conference on Wednesday, President Obama defended his aggressive use of executive power. "The American people don't want me just standing around twiddling my thumbs and waiting for Congress to get something done," Obama declared.
- "A new congressional report has estimated that more than 25 million Americans without health insurance will not be made to pay a penalty in 2016 due to an exploding number of ObamaCare exemptions."
- Russia has given NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden permission to stay in that country for another three years.
- "A Homeland Security employee has been arrested in connection with a sting that alleges he used a Craigslist ad in an effort to get a mother and an underage daughter to have sex with him."
- The World Health Organization may declare an international public health emergency in response to the current Ebola outbreak.
- According to a police officer in New Jersey, if President Obama "doesn't follow the Constitution, we don't have to."