- House Republicans says they will remain in Washington until a new border bill has been passed.
- The cease-fire between Israel and Hamas has broken down.
- An American Ebola patient will be evacuated from West Africa and brought back to the U.S. for treatment. The death toll from the current outbreak now stands above 700, making it the largest Ebola outbreak on record.
- The U.S. unemployment rate has increased to 6.2 percent.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has no plans to retire in the near future. "All I can say, I am still here and likely to remain for a while," the 81-year-old justice declared.
- "Syfy says its sequel to the horror spoof 'Sharknado' snapped up 3.9 million viewers Wednesday night. The film, officially titled 'Sharknado 2: The Second One,' nearly tripled the 1.37 million viewers who saw last summer's premiere of the original 'Sharknado' film."