Before the House voted, largely along party lines, to authorize a lawsuit against President Obama, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Tex.) suggested on the House floor yesterday that the lawsuit against the president was a "veiled attempt" at impeachment and claimed Democrats never tried to impeach President Bush even though he "pushed" America into the Iraq War. In fact, Rep. Lee co-sponsored a bill to impeach Bush in 2008. Democrats continue to use the threat of impeachment, suggested by Democrats, to raise money and political support.
- In a town hall meeting yesterday, Governor Chris Christie (R-N.J.) warned that the state government won't be able to meet all of its pensions obligations.
- The Peace Corps is evacuating from Liberia, Guinea, and Sierra Leone over concerns about the ongoing Ebola outbreak while Doctors Without Borders warns the epidemic is out of control.
- Israel says it will investigate the shelling of a U.N. school in Gaza. A government spokesperson said he was sure Israel would apologize if it finds it was responsible for the attack.
- Prosecutors in China have formally charged with "separatism" a Beijing-based Uighur professor who disappeared with seven students seven months ago, although there was no mention of the students.
- George Bush will be writing a book about his father, George Bush.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: