"Crazies" and "assholes" is how ex-IRS official Lois Lerner described conservatives in newly released emails.
- To the Republicans threatening to sue him, President Obama has this to say: "Stop being mad all the time. Stop just hating all the time."
- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict gets uglier. Israel held four-hour humanitarian ceasefire, but also bombed a U.N. school full of kids, killing at least 16 people and wounding over 100.
- Congressional Democrats up for reelection are pleading with the president to tone down his immigration rhetoric. Republicans are infighting, too: Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is coordinating with House GOPers to undermine Rep. John Boehner (OH) costly border bill. According to a new Associated Press poll, "53 percent of Americans believe the United States has no moral obligation to offer asylum to people who escape violence or political persecution, while 44 percent believe it has that responsibility."
- The economy unexpectedly grew at a 4 percent annual rate in the second quarter, compared to the 3 percent economists predicted. And, the private sector added 218,000 jobs this month.
- Hillary Clinton "regrets" claiming to have been "dead broke." Sort of. "It was inartful," she said, but "it was accurate."
San Francisco Mayor London Breed Is Right: It's Crazy To Force Vaccinated Patrons To Mask Inside Bars!
While justifying why she defied her own indoor mask mandate, San Francisco's mayor unintentionally hit the nail on the head.
Multiple military authorizations are still intact and we've still got troops in Iraq and elsewhere. And that's not even counting the drone strikes.
Taking advantage of variations in state minimum wage hikes, researchers find strong effects for bigger hikes, not much for smaller ones.
Here's why that should terrify the rest of us, too.
Rather Than Eliminating a Terrible Cruise Ship Law, Alaska's Lawmakers Just Want To Exempt Their Ports
How obsolete, cronyist regulations force domestic cruise ships into foreign stops