The United States has accused Russia of violating the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty by testing a cruise missile.
- The chances that an outbreak of Ebola in West Africa will reach the United States are remote, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
- Democrats are cashing in on speculation fueled by Democrats that House Republicans would try to impeach President Obama, raising $2.1 million last weekend in online donations alone.
- The attorney general of North Carolina, Democrat Roy Cooper said the state would no longer defend its constitutional ban on recognizing same-sex marriage after a federal court ruled a similar constitutional provision in Virginia federally unconstitutional.
- The dating site OKCupid announced that like Facebook it too has experimented with its users, arguing that experimenting with users is "how websites work."
- A group called "Geeks for Consent" is calling for organizers of Comic Con to institute a zero tolerance policy for physical and verbal sexual harassment.