House Speaker John Boehner has refused to endorse Sarah Palin's call for the impeachment of President Barack Obama. "I disagree," Boehner declared on Wednesday.
- President Obama met with Texas Governor Rick Perry in Dallas yesterday to discuss immigration.
- "Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted at a possible ground incursion into the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip as the Palestinian death toll mounted past 40 from intensified air strikes."
- Argentina beat the Netherlands 4-2 to advance to the World Cup finals against Germany this Sunday.
- "A woman whom police describe as a high-end prostitute is under arrest after they say she injected a Silicon Valley tech executive with heroin and then casually left as he lay dying."
- Bill Hillman, co-author of the book Fiesta: How to Survive the Bulls of Pamplona, was gored by a bull while participating in the Pamplona bull-running festival in Spain.