- The White House intends to try Ahmed Abu Khattala, who allegedly led the 2012 Benghazi attack, as a civilian in the U.S. court system.
- The Federal Reserve today lowered its projection for economic growth this year from 3 percent to between 2.1 percent and 2.3 percent.
- The Patent and Trademark Office is cancelling six trademarks associated with the Washington Redskins football team, saying that the name is "disparaging to Native Americans."
- Sens. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) (Bipartisanship! Whoo!) want to raise the federal gas and diesel taxes by 12 cents.
- For the next four years, the collegiate football bowl game in St. Petersburg, Florida, will be known as the Bitcoin Bowl—which, if nothing else, sounds better than its previous names: The Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl and The magicJack Bowl.