President Obama has swapped five Taliban fighters held in U.S. custody in exchange for captive U.S. soldier Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
- Spanish King Juan Carlos will abdicate the throne to make way for his son, 46-year-old Crown Prince Felipe.
- Chinese authorities have arrested dozens of activists and increased the number of armed forces in Tiananmen Square in anticipation of this week's 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
- Donald Sterling attended services at a predominantly black church yesterday in Los Angeles.
- Bypassing Congress, President Obama plans to use executive power to create a new Environmental Protection Agency rule on carbon emissions.
- The N.S.A. is collecting millions of images of peope's faces from intercepted emails, text messages, and other communications.