A.M. Links: Obama Swaps Taliban Fighters for U.S. Soldier, China Prepares for Tiananmen Anniversary, Spanish King Abdicates Throne
President Obama has swapped five Taliban fighters held in U.S. custody in exchange for captive U.S. soldier Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
- Spanish King Juan Carlos will abdicate the throne to make way for his son, 46-year-old Crown Prince Felipe.
- Chinese authorities have arrested dozens of activists and increased the number of armed forces in Tiananmen Square in anticipation of this week's 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
- Donald Sterling attended services at a predominantly black church yesterday in Los Angeles.
- Bypassing Congress, President Obama plans to use executive power to create a new Environmental Protection Agency rule on carbon emissions.
- The N.S.A. is collecting millions of images of peope's faces from intercepted emails, text messages, and other communications.