Glenn Greenwald has revealed the next big bombshell that will come from Edward Snowden's National Security Agency documents: the names of Americans the government is spying on.
- President Barack Obama wants to keep nearly 10,000 troops in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of forces at the end of the year. This means that we're not actually withdrawing forces, doesn't it?
- The Supreme Court declined to get involved today in a failed effort to force a news reporter from Fox to reveal her source of confidential information about alleged Colorado mass killer James Holmes. The court also declined to consider a case challenging the Secret Service's practice of keeping protesters far away from the president at public appearances.
- New York Police Department officers will start carrying nalaxone, a drug that helps reverse the effects of heroin overdoses.
- A pregnant 25-year-old Pakistani woman was reportedly stoned to death outside a courthouse by her own family for marrying the man of her choice.
- The European Union is holding off on additional sanctions against Russia after Vladimir Putin gave his thumbs up to Ukraine's new president.
Massive Illinois Police Reform Bill Ends Cash Bail, Limits Deadly Force, Mandates Body Cameras, and Makes It Easier To Dump Crooked Cops
Unfortunately, qualified immunity remains intact.
The First Amendment doesn't come with an exception for "disinformation."
Frightening events create openings for attacks on civil liberties.
Biden's $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Package Includes More Stimulus Checks, State Government Bailout, $15 Federal Minimum Wage
On the brighter side, Biden wants 100 million vaccinations in 100 days and will push for immediate school reopenings.
It can be hard to see what's in front of you, especially when you're struggling not to see it.