Glenn Greenwald has revealed the next big bombshell that will come from Edward Snowden's National Security Agency documents: the names of Americans the government is spying on.
- President Barack Obama wants to keep nearly 10,000 troops in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of forces at the end of the year. This means that we're not actually withdrawing forces, doesn't it?
- The Supreme Court declined to get involved today in a failed effort to force a news reporter from Fox to reveal her source of confidential information about alleged Colorado mass killer James Holmes. The court also declined to consider a case challenging the Secret Service's practice of keeping protesters far away from the president at public appearances.
- New York Police Department officers will start carrying nalaxone, a drug that helps reverse the effects of heroin overdoses.
- A pregnant 25-year-old Pakistani woman was reportedly stoned to death outside a courthouse by her own family for marrying the man of her choice.
- The European Union is holding off on additional sanctions against Russia after Vladimir Putin gave his thumbs up to Ukraine's new president.
Start your day with Reason. Get a daily brief of the most important stories and trends every weekday morning when you subscribe to Reason Roundup.