Joe Biden's son is joining the board of a gas company in Ukraine, which doesn't complicate anything at all, I'm sure.
- The United States will not support a ransom or prisoner exchange for the Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram, the White House says.
- A man claiming to be God reportedly crashed his truck into a television news station in Towson, Maryland. Why does God need a truck? Or a news station?
- Six Ukrainian soldiers were reportedly killed in an ambush by antigovernment forces. A rebel commander claims one dead among the militia men and a much higher death count among Ukrainians than reported.
- Congress has failed to negotiate passage of legislation authorizing construction of the Keystone XL pipeline. With the Obama Administration also failing to take a formal position on it as yet, don't expect anything to happen for the rest of the year.
- Israel's former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has been sentenced to six years in prison for his role in a bribery scandal.