The U.S. government is reportedly pinging Verizon and AT&T more than once per minute in search of private customer information.
- The House is expected to take two votes related to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) this week; it will vote today on whether to hold Lois Lerner in contempt and tomorrow on a resolution urging Attorney General Eric Holder to appoint a special counsel to investigate the IRS.
- The Office of the Inspector General at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is accusing the agency's Office of Homeland Security of illegally blocking its investigations.
- The New Jersey Board of Pensions rejected an application by a Camden police officer who staged a shooting with his wife. One member of the board wondered why no charges more seriously than "disorderly conduct" were brought against the officer for the apparent fraud.
- In a recently released biography, Michael Jordan reveals that he considered himself a racist against white people in his youth.
- Vietnam claims a vessel from China intentionally rammed two of its own in a disputed region of the South China Sea.