Does it count as cultural misappropriation when the White House uses Cinco de Mayo to push immigration reform?
- The latest poll on the 2016 presidential election has Rand Paul tied with Jeb Bush on the Republican side and Hillary Clinton with an overwhelming lead on the Democrat side.
- Local governments can start meetings with an invocation or other prayer, according to a ruling by the Supreme Court about such a practice in Greece, New York.
- The leader of the Islamist group Boko Haram acknowledged it kidnapped 230 girls in Nigeria, threatening to sell them.
- Some residents in eastern Ukraine are growing weary of the government's campaign against pro-Russian insurgents.
- Four monks in Brooklyn did some breakdancing to the Beastie Boys at the third annual MCA Day honoring deceased group member Adam Yauch.