- The mayor of the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv has been shot. Hennadiy Kernes was reportedly shot by an unidentified gunman and is in critical condition. Earlier today President Obama announced new sanctions related to the crisis in Ukraine that target top Russian officials.
- Congressional Democrats are concerned that Obama will concede to Republicans on some policy areas after the midterms.
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said today that the MH370 search area will be expanded to include more of the Indian Ocean's floor, which could take eight months to search.
- American negotiators do not think that the recent unity deal between Hamas and Fatah will end peace talks with Israel.
- At least 16 people have been killed by tornadoes in Arkansas.
- Obama has said that the U.S. does not want to contain China.
A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.
The Scandinavian country is betting against draconian restrictions and in favor of the free movement of people and goods.
No, British Epidemiologist Neil Ferguson Has Not 'Drastically Downgraded' His Worst-Case Projection of COVID-19 Deaths
But he has raised his estimate of the virus's reproduction number, which implies a lower fatality rate than his research group initially assumed.
Plus: civic dynamism on display, Justice Department embraces home detainment of federal prisoners, and more...
That's a huge concern as forecasters expect the U.S. unemployment rate in the months to come to surpass that seen during the depths of the Great Depression.