A.M. Links: Mayor in Eastern Ukraine Shot, Democrats Worried Obama Will Give in After Midterms, MH370 Search Area to Be Expanded
(Official White House Photo by David Lienemann/wikimedia)
- The mayor of the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv has been shot. Hennadiy Kernes was reportedly shot by an unidentified gunman and is in critical condition. Earlier today President Obama announced new sanctions related to the crisis in Ukraine that target top Russian officials.
- Congressional Democrats are concerned that Obama will concede to Republicans on some policy areas after the midterms.
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said today that the MH370 search area will be expanded to include more of the Indian Ocean's floor, which could take eight months to search.
- American negotiators do not think that the recent unity deal between Hamas and Fatah will end peace talks with Israel.
- At least 16 people have been killed by tornadoes in Arkansas.
- Obama has said that the U.S. does not want to contain China.