- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has condemned some of the crew of the ferry that sank off the South Korean coast last week, saying that their actions are "akin to murder." Most of the 238 passengers still missing are school students.
- Speaking on NBC's Meet the Press, Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), the ranking Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that unless the U.S. and its allies change their approach to the ongoing crisis in Ukraine, Russia will seize eastern Ukraine.
- Chair of the Democratic National Committee Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) has said that the upcoming midterm elections are not a referendum on President Obama's performance.
- A Yemeni government official told CNN that a "massive and unprecedented" operation targeting Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is under way. The news comes days after a video of a large Al Qaeda gathering in Yemen emerged last week.
- An Associated Press-GfK poll found that Americans are more skeptical than confident about global warming, evolution, and the Big Bang.
- A 16-year-old boy survived a flight from California to Hawaii hidden in the wheel well of the airplane.