- President Obama has urged Democrats to defend and be proud of Obamacare ahead of the upcoming midterms. Obama also said he is "still puzzled" about why Republicans have made Obamacare their "sole agenda item."
- Some 268 people, many of whom are high school students, remain missing after a ferry capsized off South Korea's coast on Wednesday. It was reported today that the vice principal of Ansan Danwon High School, which many of the missing students attended, hung himself from a tree. He was one of the first people to be rescued from the sinking ferry. An arrest warrant is being sought for the captain of the ferry.
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) has said that talks between the European Union, Ukraine, Russia, and the U.S. should not delay the implementation of sanctions on Russia's financial and banking sector. Pro-Russian insurgents in eastern Ukraine are refusing to leave the government buildings they have occupied, saying that they will only do so if the government in Kiev resigns.
- According to Justices Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg the Supreme Court will ultimately have to rule on the legality of NSA surveillance programs.
- An avalanche on a climbing route on Mt. Everest has killed 12 people. Three are missing.
- Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, will run for governor of Delaware in 2016.