Russia's foreign minister announced today he and other diplomats in Geneva reached an agreement to "de-escalate" the situation in Ukraine and "all illegal armed groups must be disarmed." This may come as a relief to Jews, considering pro-Russian militants are reportedly telling them to "register" or else they'll lose their citizenship (but it might just be the world's worst hoax).
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is running again (not literally). He kicked off his re-election bid today.
- The federal government really outdid itself in 2013. The number crunchers at the Competitive Enterprise Institute say the feds produced a total of 26,417 pages of regulations—a new record!
- A North Dakota district judge overturned the state's law that prohibits an abortion after a heartbeat can be detected.
- The Portland, Oregon, Water Bureau is flushing 38 million gallons of reservoir water after a teenager peed in it.
- Your baby could be a racist, suggest researchers from the University of Washington who studied how little ones change their behavior around different ethnic groups.
In short, it's using the power of the state to punish his enemies and make the world the way he wants it to be.
But the campaign workers complaining about their union-negotiated salaries are being hypocritical too.
The pundit made the claim at a Senate hearing on allegations of tech censorship against conservatives.
The Kentucky senator wants the Senate to consider offsetting spending cuts before approving limitless, automatic spending for the rest of the century.