Thousands gathered in Boston to memorialize the first anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. Vice President Joe Biden spoke, saying that Bostonians have "become the face of America's resolve for the whole world to see."
- Ukraine claims government forces have secured an airport in the eastern part of the country from control by a pro-Russian militia group.
- The white supremacist suspected of killing three outside Jewish community centers in Kansas has been charged with murder. He could face the death penalty if convicted.
- Michigan cities Detroit and Flint broke snow records for the winter. After measuring the snow today (yes, they're still getting snow), the National Weather Service says Detroit's seasonal total was more than 94 inches. Too bad they can't sell that stuff.
- India's Supreme Court has recognized transgender people as a "third gender," saying "it is the right of every human being to choose their gender."
- The city of Brussels, Austria Belgium, is the latest to ban Uber ride-sharing services.
Journalists and pundits who frantically doubled down on their initial bad takes deserve more criticism.
It’s an attempt to bypass Fourth and Fifth Amendment protections by insisting it’s not an arrest.
What is the correct reward for the person who creates something that millions of people want badly enough to pay for it?
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.