Since taking office as president, Barack Obama has proposed 442 new tax increases, according to Americans for Tax Reform.
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says the showdown at the Bundy ranch in Nevada is "not over" because "we can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it."
- A grand jury was empanelled in Travis County, Texas, to consider criminal charges against Gov. Rick Perry (R-Tex.) over the withholding of funds from the Travis County District Attorney's office.
- Ukraine's president announced military forces would begin an anti-terrorism operation in eastern Ukraine aimed at the pro-Russian insurgency there.
- Masked gunmen in Libya kidnapped the Jordanian ambassador.
- The drone company Titan Aerospace was acquired by Google. Facebook previously expressed interest in the company, which manufactures solar-powered drones.