It's St. Patrick's Day! That means booze, parades, and the continued controversial exclusion of gay groups in them. Meanwhile, in actual Ireland, same-sex couples have civil partnership recognition and 75 percent of the citizens support extending full marriage recognition to gays.
- There was a 4.4-magnitude earthquake in Los Angeles, which wasn't big enough to do much damage, but was big enough to make sure nobody in Southern California talked about anything else for the rest of the day. A larger earthquake hit Chile, but did it trend on Twitter?
- U.S. Navy SEALs boarded an oil tanker to prevent a Libyan militia group from selling the crude and returned the ship back to the country.
- U.S. Army Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair has been cleared of sex assault charges, but pleaded guilty of several lesser offenses that revolve around an extramarital affair with a junior officer.
- Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards (D), who served eight years in prison for racketeering, is running for Congress.
- A third person injured in the crash of a car last week into a crowd at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, has died today. The driver faces capital murder charges for the other two deaths.