House Speaker John Boehner says immigration reform is unlikely this year, but he's laying the blame on the lack of trust that President Barack Obama will actually enforce any new laws and not just do whatever he wants to do.
- One Russian official claims he knows journalists are trying to sabotage the hotels to make the Olympics look bad. He may have opened a new can of worms, though, as he bolstered his argument by talking about watching the journalists in the rooms through surveillance cameras.
- Journalist Glenn Greenwald says he's planning a possible visit to the United States to "force the issue" of whether the government thinks he's a criminal.
- A Texas grand jury has declined to indict a man for shooting and killing a deputy who entered his home with a no-knock search warrant to look for drugs and guns. The man's attorney said his client was asleep and thought somebody was breaking in to burgle his house. He was indicted for possession of marijuana while in possession of a gun.
- Apple has removed Blockchain, an app that allows users to send and receive bitcoins, from its store.
- The Senate seems unlikely to push forward another extension in unemployment benefits.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.