- Academy Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his Manhattan apartment yesterday. Unnamed law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that Hoffman is believe to have died from a drug overdose.
- Janet Yellen will be sworn in as the Chairwoman of the Federal Reserve today.
- European Union Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstroem has said that corruption across the E.U. is "breathtaking."
- Al Qaeda claims that it has no ties to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, which has been fighting rebel groups in Syria.
- Today is the deadline for top aides to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to reply to subpoenas made by legislators investigating lane closures between Fort Lee and the George Washington Bridge.
- The recent election in Thailand has done little to end the political stalemate.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Ontario has lost millions trying to sell cannabis.