- Academy Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his Manhattan apartment yesterday. Unnamed law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that Hoffman is believe to have died from a drug overdose.
- Janet Yellen will be sworn in as the Chairwoman of the Federal Reserve today.
- European Union Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstroem has said that corruption across the E.U. is "breathtaking."
- Al Qaeda claims that it has no ties to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, which has been fighting rebel groups in Syria.
- Today is the deadline for top aides to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to reply to subpoenas made by legislators investigating lane closures between Fort Lee and the George Washington Bridge.
- The recent election in Thailand has done little to end the political stalemate.
After the Cops Seized Her Car, the Government Waited Five Years Before Giving Her a Chance To Get It Back
In Massachusetts, Malinda Harris argues, civil asset forfeiture routinely violates the right to due process.
The cultural views of elite white liberals are not popular with many minorities.
Michigan Farmer Rescued Injured Animals Without the Proper Permits. State Officials Have Charged Her With a Misdemeanor and Euthanized the Animals.
State officials euthanized six of Julie Hall's animals, including Sassy, a blind raccoon, and Po, a one-legged crow.
Plus: The era of sovereign influencers, a new experiment in universal basic income, and more...