- Lawmakers unveiled a budget deal yesterday that would avoid another partial government shutdown.
- India's Supreme Court has ruled that a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality is constitutional.
- Pope Francis is TIME's Person of the Year. Edward Snowden was runner-up.
- New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is backing legislation that would require all children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years who attend a licensed preschool or daycare to get a flu vaccine.
- Experts claim that the gestures made by the the sign language interpreter at the Nelson Mandela memorial didn't mean anything in American or South African sign languages.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!