- The Keep Your Health Plan Bill passed the House, with the support of 39 Democrats.
- Toronto city councilors voted overwhelmingly to strip Mayor Rob Ford of some powers earlier today. Ford has threatened legal action.
- FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler wants carriers to allow their customers to unlock their phones.
- Albania won't host the dismantling of Syria's chemical weapons, despite a request made by the U.S.
- Anonymous hacker Jeremy Hammond has been handed a 10-year jail sentence for hacking private intelligence firm Stratfor.
- Detroit homeowner Theodore P. Wafer has been charged with the second-degree murder of Renisha McBride, who was shot in the face on Wafer's porch. Wafer has told police he believed someone was breaking into his house.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.