President Barack Obama's solution to the disaster of the rollout of his signature Affordable Care Act is to allow insurers to uncancel customers' policies for a year. Insurance industry representatives worry this will make the problem even worse.
- As of the third fiscal quarter, total student debt has surpassed $1 trillion. Good luck getting them to pay for your health care!
- Desert Hot Springs in California may be the next city to declare bankruptcy, though they're trying hard to resist it.
- School security spending is predicted to double to $5 billion by 2017 in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is threatening legal action against aides who told police about his drug use and drunken-driving. Snitches get stiches, guys!
- Murderous Boston ganster Whitey Bulger has officially been sentenced to two life terms (plus five years).
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.